Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Post holiday assessment

I’m still collecting information on heartburn and related areas that are of interest. Making it through the holidays was pretty easy. There were a couple of Tums moments but things are definitely looking up. In fact New Years was a piece of cake. Just a small plate of very delicious finger food and a couple of club sodas with a twist of lime. I had a great time and with no payback.

Heartburn is something that many of us have in common. And, if you feel as do that any long-term medication, unless it is essential, should be avoid then it’s time to look for a natural cure to this condition. It may be possible, even without giving up any of the foods I like - we’ll see. Being a snacker, I think, works well for me. By eating small, frequent meals it allows the stomach to produce less digestive acid and I suspect the body processes the food more efficiently. The problem is the evening meal with family and friends. Too much on the plate will spell trouble. So, to avoid heartburn I need to remember to have smaller portions. I’m eating very little meat and that helps, it’s harder to digest.

No comments: